Child and Youth Worker / Summer Program Staff
Girls Inc. of Upper Canada delivers life-changing programs that inspire girls to be strong, smart, and bold and engage in advocacy that empowers girls to reach their full potential and to understand, value, and assert their rights. Research-based curricula, delivered by trained professionals, equip girls to achieve academically; lead healthy and physically active lives; manage money; navigate media messages; and discover an interest in science, technology, engineering, art, and math (STEAM). Girls Inc. is committed to a vision of empowered girls in an equitable society. Girls Inc. of Upper Canada is an independent affiliate of the bi-national Girls Inc. organization, the leading expert on issues affecting girls and young women.
The Summer Program Staff/ Child and Youth Worker positions will be responsible for planning, preparation and delivery of Girls Inc. summer programs for girls ages 6-13, guided by our curriculum and supported by Girls Inc. program staff. The successful candidates will develop skills in youth program delivery with a focus on facilitating gender-specific programs from an intersectional feminist perspective. We are looking for a professional individual with exceptional communication skills, a friendly can-do attitude and a passion for our mission. Prior experience working with children and youth is definitely an asset.
This position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs, to qualify candidates must be between 15-30 years of age and be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred.
- Passion for the Girls Inc. mission
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with out-of-school time youth programs is an asset
- A valid driver’s license, with a good driving record, and regular access to a reliable vehicle is an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Must obtain satisfactory criminal records and vulnerable sectors check
- Preference will be given to students studying in the following fields: social work, Child and Youth Care, Gender Studies, Education, Science/ Engineering, Sports and Recreation
Please send a cover letter and résumé to:
Lesley Hubbard, Executive Director
35 hours per week, 8 weeks, $14.50/ hour, position is based at our Brockville office but travel throughout Leeds Grenville will be required.
Deadline to apply June 7, 2021, start date July 5